South Street Seaport

The South Street Seaport was the only port for the Dutch West India Company in 1625. This very tiny area is one of the oldest parts of Manhattan. The seaport, which begins where Fulton Street meets the East River, has the highest concentration of restored 19th-century commercial buildings. Once home to many traders, it is still a busy area for tourists and locals.